Back pain is no joke, whether it starts from a sudden injury or a chronic condition. Our Lawrenceville, GA, chiropractor at Injury 2 Health can evaluate and treat you promptly to prevent your condition from growing worse. We’re all about helping to free you from pain, increasing mobility, and improving overall spine health. As such, your holistic back pain treatment plan may feature spinal adjustments and other non-invasive pain-relief methods.
What Causes Back Pain?
Pain in the upper, mid, or lower back is usually related to some type of musculoskeletal injury or imbalance. For example, the pain can start following an auto accident or fall that injured the spine. However, the lower back is more often affected because it is the most flexible part of the spine.
Other causes of injury and pain are prolonged sitting, poor posture, repetitive bending or twisting, and heavy lifting. Pain can also stem from anything that puts pressure on the spinal joints, disc, soft tissue, or nerve. This includes:
- Misaligned spinal joints
- Herniated or bulging disc
- Muscles strains or ligament sprains
- Degenerative disc diseases
Typical Back Pain Symptoms
The pain can range from a dull ache to sharp, searing, or burning pain in one location. The pain can shift to the shoulder, arm, hand, hip, buttock, or leg due to nerve interference. Besides persistent or off-and-on pain, your back may feel stiff, tender, or sore. Tingling, numbness, or loss of sensation may also occur. Movements may improve or aggravate the symptoms.
Back Pain Treatment by Our Lawrenceville, GA, Chiropractor
A person can endure nagging pain only for so long. They will eventually need to address the underlying problem to make the pain go away. After a physical exam and x-ray of the spine, our chiropractor can use several non-surgical methods to treat your pain from its source. This usually involves combining various therapies to provide maximum relief. Here are examples of our chiropractic care treatment options:
- Spinal Adjustment or Manipulation: Dr. Hamedani may use a hand or instrument-based technique to gently realign the spinal joints or remove the pressure on the tissue, disc, and nerve. This helps relieve upper or lower back pain and pinched nerve symptoms as well as increase range of motion. Overall, adjustments optimize musculoskeletal and nervous system functions.
- Soft-Tissue Therapies: Your treatment can continue with aqua massage therapy, ultrasound, and corrective exercises. These natural methods help improve blood circulation, reduce swelling, inflammation, and muscle aches, increase flexibility, and strengthen the back.
Long-Term Pain Relief without Drugs or Surgery
Chiropractic care at Injury 2 Health addresses acute and chronic pain in ways painkillers cannot. With early back pain treatment in Lawrenceville, GA, you can avoid disability, invasive back surgery, and the side effects of addictive drugs. Call (770) 962-8737 to schedule an appointment today. We are happy to serve Lawrenceville, Snellville, Dracula, Bold Springs, Grayson, Auburn, Loganville, and surrounding areas.